Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Very happy and very proud

Alonso in 2004

Image via Wikipedia

Fernando Alonso, just announced as the new official Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro driver, who will drive next to Felipe Massa as of the 2010 season, spoke to Ferrari.com: "I’m very happy and very proud to become a Ferrari driver. Driving a single-seater from the Prancing Horse is everybody’s dream in this sport and today I have the opportunity to make this dream come true. Above all I want to thank Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo, who really wanted this 3-year contract. We already had an agreement this summer starting in 2011, but then, the last days, the picture changed and we decided to anticipate my arrival in Maranello by one year.

The years at Renault were fantastic: together we won four World Titles (two Drivers’ and as many Constructors’ Championships) until this day, 21 Grands Prix. I wish the team all the best and let’s hope we gain some good results in the last races this year.

After this season I will put all my effort in the next season: I’m sure that, together with Felipe, we’ll offer Ferrari and the fans from all over the world some great satisfaction. I can’t wait to start working with my new team.”
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: